The Fair Processing Notice is intended to inform you about the type of patient information that GP Practices hold, how that information might be used, with whom we may share that information, and how we ensure it is kept secure.
Fair Processing Notice
- Whole Systems dashboard programme – healthiernorthwestlondon.nhs.uk
- Your Personal information Choices – content.digital.nhs.uk/yourinfo
- How information is used – content.digital.nhs.uk/article
- Review of health and care data security and consent – www.gov.uk
- Records management code of practice for health and social care – www.gov.uk
- Fair Processing NHS England – www.england.nhs.uk
- The information Governance Review – www.gov.uk
- NHS Choices – Your health and care records – www.nhs.uk
COVID-19 contingency sharing
Primary care staff across each borough will be able to access your full medical record without consent during the COVID-19 pandemic but will only do so when this is necessary to provide you with care. They will be required to use a smartcard which confirms their identity, and which limits their access and actions to those appropriate for their role. They will all have been trained to understand their professional and legal responsibilities in providing you with care
Sharing Vaccination Data during the COVID Pandemic:
During the COVID pandemic we have signed an agreement with our Local Authorities to allow trained Public Health personnel access to a limited amount of patient information. This has been restricted to the contact details of North West London patients over 50 years old, who do not live in the Grenfell area, who are eligible for but have not received COVID vaccination. The purpose is to provide those patients with direct care and to save lives by increasing the update of COVID vaccination. The legal basis for sharing is the short term COPI legislation (introduced by the secretary of state for health for just this purpose) and when the COPI legislation expires the data will be deleted. We have taken measures to ensure this data is safely transmitted and managed securely and that PH personnel are trained to understand their professional responsibilities of confidence.